How to film in ZimParks


This service is for companies or individuals intending to produce films or take photographs within the Parks Estate (national parks, recreational parks, safari areas, sanctuaries, botanical gardens and botanical reserves). Filming or photography applications are submitted directly to the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority or through film-fixers. All successful applications are issued with an invoice for payment. Once payment has been confirmed received in the Authority’s bank account, a permit is issued specific to the area requested for filming or photography.

What steps do I take?

  • Get clearance from the Ministry of Information
  • In the event of use of an aerial vehicle of any sort, for example a helicopter, aeroplane, a drone or any other manned or unmanned aerial vehicle, additional clearance must be sought from the Ministry of Defence and the Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe
  • Download the Filming Application form, complete in full and submit together with the aforesaid clearance documents.
  • Make payment against the tax invoice provided after submission of application form and clearance documents.
  • Permit is issued upon confirmation of receipt of funds in the Authority’s bank account

How long will this process take?

Seven (7) days from date of confirmation of receipt of funds.

Where can I get more information on this service?


Tel: +263 242 707624-8

VOIP: +263 8677707627

 Below is the link to download the Filming/Photography Form

Photography/ Filming Application Form

 *The Authority reserves the right to accept or reject applications

*The filmmaker is required to submit a copy of the research document, film, or documentary to Parks and Wildlife Management Authority and the Authority reserves the rights to use photographs, information and results of the study undertaken in its estates.


Contact 2
Share This