VACANCY – INTERNATIONAL COORDINATOR (GLTFCA)
Great Limpopo TFCA is a Tri-national Conservation initiative with Mozambique, South Africa and Zimbabwe. Applicants are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above position which is based in Harare, Zimbabwe. The incumbent will be reporting to the GLTFCA Joint Management Board.
- Oversee the overall implementation of the GLTFCA initiative to support the implementation of the Treaty objectives under the guidance of the Ministerial Committee, Joint Management Board (JMB) and Coordinating Country;
- Work closely with the National Coordinators, GLTFCA Implementing Agencies and stakeholders in the implementation of short, medium and long-term policies, projects, tasks and activities emanating from Ministerial and JMB meetings, including development and implementation of the proposed GLTFCA Secretariat;
- Coordination of and providing assistance to activities relating to the funding, financial planning and budgeting of the GLTFCA;
- Support the activities of the GLTFCA Joint Park Management Committees to facilitate and ensure effective cross-border decision-making; and
- Organise and coordinate bilateral and trilateral meetings including Ministerial, JMB and joint park management committee meetings.
Qualification and experience
The incumbent must be a national of any of the GLTFCA Partner Countries and possesses the following:
- A Post-graduate qualification in Environmental Management / Development studies with experience in and understanding of conservation and social development in Southern Africa;
- An energetic, enthusiastic, ‘people person’, with able to work equally from the highest political level to the local community level with good command of English, both written and spoken. Ability to communicate in Portuguese will be an added advantage.
- Ability to lead from a position of autonomy, in strategic planning, scenarios development, donor-relations, and monitoring and evaluation expertise;
- Proven project management, project development, managerial, interpersonal, team building and fundraising skills with at least seven year’s experience in Management of Multi-disciplinary Conservation and Development Programmes.
- Computer literacy of Microsoft Office software packages, as well as a good working knowledge of database management.
- ONLY Nationals from Mozambique, South Africa and Zimbabwe to apply.
Interested candidates should submit their written applications together with well detailed CVs to:
The Director General
Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority
P.O Box CY 140
On or before Friday 09 April 2021.