VETERINARY AND LABORATORY INTERN X 1
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above positions which will be based at Umtshibi, Hwange Cluster. The incumbent will be reporting to the Wildlife Veterinary Officer.
Duties of the position include the following:-
- Administering drugs to sick animals or animals under surgical procedures
- Monitoring animals during treatments or surgery
- Assisting in feeding and dressing of any wounds of sick animals or animals in captivity.
- Collecting samples, processing and preserving them
- Assisting in procurement of laboratory reagents and equipment
- Maintaining laboratory registers and other appropriate paperwork
- Ensuring that healthy and safety rules are adhered to in the laboratories
- Expected to perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the Chief Veterinary Doctor.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills,
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in veterinary nursing and laboratory sciences.
- Should be highly motivated and innovative individual
- Should be prepared to work with minimal supervision.
- Be prepared to work during odd hours and in the bush in some cases
Interested candidates should submit their written applications together with detailed CVs to:
The Human Resources Manager
P O CY140
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to the Registry Office on or before the 5th of November 2020